- Texas Tech conferred more than 8,000 degrees for the third year in a row during the 2019-20 academic year with 8,573.
- In the most recent Center for Measuring University Performance rankings, Texas Tech is listed No. 59 overall and No. 38 among public research institutions with 358 doctoral degrees conferred in 2017. The number was 390 in 2020.
- Texas Tech students have won numerous national championships, including more than 100 in the College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources.
- Law students have picked up 34 national championships in the last six years.
- In the last 10 years, 40 faculty members have received Fulbright Scholar recognition.
- Students in Texas Tech's rigorous creative writing program in the Department of English work alongside award-winning faculty, who mentor and guide students through the creative process. Students in the program have had their works featured in The New Yorker, Southern Review, Paris Review, Carolina Quarterly, and Indiana Review, among others.