From Here, It's Possible™
Texas Tech University is a leading public institution of higher education and research. It is home to more than 40,000 students and consistently recognized as a best value college providing the highest quality educational experience with the greatest value. Texas Tech is educating and empowering a diverse student body and has been designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
Texas Tech University System
The policies of the Texas Tech University system are governed and managed by the Board of Regents, a ten-member committee seeking to further higher education, health care, research, and outreach in the communities. The Chancellor of the Texas Tech University System serves as the chief executive officer of all campuses and academic sites for our four component institutions - Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University,Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso, and Midwestern State University.
Texas Tech University Administration
- President - Appointed by the chancellor as the chief executive officer responsible for the strategic operation of the institution.
- Provost - Oversees the academic mission of the university.
- Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - Partners with university leaders to support growth and strategic initiatives while ensuring accountability for financial operations is maintained and risk is minimized.
- Vice President for Research and Innovation - Directs the research efforts of the university.
- Vice President for the Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer - Supports the institution's strategic diversity goals through programs, services, and resources.
- Vice President for Advancement - Oversees the institution's development and fundraising operations for the institution.
- Chief of Staff and Vice President for Administration - Reports directly to the President and serves as the liaison between the President and other members of his senior staff.
- Compliance and Security Office - Coordinates legal and compliance issues, oversees emergency management, and coordinates the President's Government and Public Service Internship Program.
- Director of Athletics - Oversees all Athletic operations.
- Vice President for Enrollment Management - Oversees undergraduate admissions, financial aid, scholarships, information technology, marketing, and the registrar.
- Vice President of Marketing & Communications - Leads marketing, communications, research-based messaging and branding activity to advance the mission of the university.
- Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer - Leads Information Technology operations and management for the university.