- August 2010 - Professor Sutton to speak on the future of the Biological Weapons Conference (BWC) in Washington, DC
- 7/2/10: Dr. Sutton’s Biodefense Research Cited by the White House in a Press Release
- 6/25/10: Professor Sutton Presents Biodiplomacy Lecture in Morocco.
- Professor Victoria Sutton's recent Survey of Biodefense Researcher Anxiety cited in National Academies Report, entitled Responsible Research with Biological Select Agents & Toxins.
- May 2010: Dr. Sutton Quoted in Nature
- June 2009 - Professor Victoria Sutton teaches Global Biosecurity Law and participates as a member of the thesis defense panel in Lithuania
- 6/09/2009: Professor Victoria Sutton will speak at Wind Energy Conference on June 12, 2009 at Texas Tech University School of Law
- 5/119/09: Professor Sutton Appointed to FDLI's Academic Program Committee
- 5/1/09: Professor Sutton Invited to Testify at Biodefense Hearing
- 2/27/09: Senators Reintroduce Biosecurity Bill
- 12/09/08: Kansas Chosen for National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility
- 12/08/08: Obama to Appoint White House Official to Prevent Nuclear & Biological Attacks
- The Center proudly announces the creation of The Biosafety & Biosecurity Law Hotline 1-866-688-1320!
- Biodefense Center hosts Movie Event on October 27th, featuring the movie, "Strange Culture," a docu-drama covering the Steve Kurtz case
- Professor Sutton advises members of the UN at the 2008 Biological Weapons Convention in Geneva, Switzerland
- The Center announces its Biodefense Fellows for 2008-2009
- New Assistant Director, Brie Sherwin
- Center for Biodefense Founding Advisory Board Member since 2002, Philip Bobbit is featured in the news under the heading, ". . .this man Henry Kissinger calls 'the outstanding political philosopher of our time "
- S.B 3127, Select Agent Program and Biosafety Improvement Act of 2008, introduced on June 12, 2008.
- Prof. Richard Rosen, Director of the Military Law Center in collaboration with the Center for Biodefense, Law and Public Policy presents a 50-minute lecture on vaccinations and the military.
- A Multidisciplinary Approach to a Biodefense Ethic
- New Core in Law, Policy and Ethics for the Western Regional Center of Excellence in Biodefense Research and Emerging Infectious Diseases NIH/NIAID. The Center has been awarded an NIH/NIAID grant for four (4) years to conduct this core activity.
- Biodefense Law Certificate
Texas Tech University School of Law is the first Law School in the nation to develop a program in biodefense law. The Law and Science Certificate program in Biodefense Law is a specialty area in the completion of the J.D. degree at TTU which includes the core course of Law and Bioterrorism, four elective courses ranging from individual civil rights to public international law; internships and a major research paper in an area of biodefense and law.
- In Memoriam:
The Center Advisory Board lost Advisory Board Member Dr. D. Allan Bromley, (and husband of Center Director, Victoria Sutton) on February 10, 2005. His inspiration and support of the concept of the Center was pivotal in its existence, formation and development.
- Bioterrorism Class labeled “Cool Course” Oct 13, 2003
- Sutton quoted in CNN 2003