Biodefense Courses and Programs
Law and Biodefense Certificate
The Law and Biodefense Certificate was unanimously approved by the faculty in Spring 2004, launching the first and only program of its kind in the nation at a law school. View the Certificate Program Flyer.
The JD/MD with a Biodefense Concentration was launched in Fall 2007, and is the first and only program of its kind in the nation.
JD/MS Environmental Toxicology with a focus on Biodefense
In 2003, the joint degree program made possible a focus in biodefense law and toxicology. This is the first and only program in the nation to offer this concentration.
- 6007 Law and Bioterrorism (Noted as a 'cool course' by The National Jurist)
- 6242 Bioethics (2)
- 6021 Domestic Terrorism Rights and Responsibilities (2)
- 6210 Federal Civil Rights (2)
- 6212 Human Rights (2)
- 6006 Law and Biotechnology (3)
- 6013 Law and Ethics of Clinical Research (2)
- 6272 Law and Psychiatry (2)
- 6038 Law, Science Policy and Scientific Evidence (3)
- 6045 Military Criminal Justice (2-3)
- 6277 National Security Law (2)
- 6305 Public Health Law (3)
- 6342 Public International Law (3)
Victoria Sutton, M.P.A., Ph.D., J.D.
Professor of Law
Texas Tech University, School of Law