Student Wellness at Texas Tech University
Sometimes life just gets tough. It's filled with challenges, disappointments and setbacks. That does not make you a failure. It makes you human. When you are starting to struggle, do not hesitate to reach out. The University is committed to providing student-focused resources that can help you get back on your feet.
When things are going “okay,” you may feel like you don't need any help. However, when you build a lifestyle that prioritizes well-being, you will be more prepared to face life's unavoidable challenges. At Texas Tech, resources for self-care and wellness are very accessible as they are right now. Take advantage of services at the university that support a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
TTU Recreational Sports
- Fitness Classes and Intramural Sports can help you meet people with similar interests and keep you active.
- Massage Therapy can be a great way to treat yourself and relieve stress.
- The Aquatics Center and the Leisure Pool offer opportunities to relax and exercise in water.
- The Climbing Wall is a great way to challenge yourself with an activity that requires focus and determination.
- The Outdoor Pursuits Center offers Weekly Activities, a Bike Shop, and Equipment Rentals so you can get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Visit TTU Recreation Sports
Activities & Hospitality
- TTU Hospitality Services: Eating Healthy on campus is easy, if you follow the Quick Guides published by our campus nutritionist. Even those with dietary restrictions can find something satisfying in TTU's dining locations.
- Student Health Services: Student Health Services offers regular checkups and continued care for Texas Tech students.
- Center for Campus Life: Joining a student organization, faith-based organization, sorority, or a fraternity can help connect you to students with similar interests and build your support network.
- Student Activities Board: Student Activities Board plans and offers over 60 FREE events per year, exclusively for Texas Tech students.
- Finances: Finances can be a source of stress for many students. Red to Black offers peer-to-peer financial coaching and presentations related to spending plans, saving, and maximizing aid.
Belong at Texas Tech
Finding a sense of belonging plays a big role in physical and mental well-being. At Texas Tech, there are many opportunities for students to get involved.
- Military & Veterans Programs assists veterans and their families in achieving academic, personal, and professional success.
- The Office of LGBTQIA Education and Engagement serves the Texas Tech University community through the facilitation and leadership of programming and advocacy efforts aimed at strengthening the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) community.
- Mentor Tech, AVID First Year Experience, First Generation Transition and Mentoring Programs, Trio Student Support Services, and the Dream Resource Center are dedicated to helping students from minoritized and underrepresented populations succeed in college and beyond.
- Heritage months, lectures, and other campus-wide celebrations can give you a sense of community and connection to students, faculty, and staff
who share your passions and culture. Attending these events can help you learn about
cultures other than your own.
On Social Media
Stay up to date by following us @TTURISE.