Faculty & Staff Resources
Resources to Help Faculty and Staff Support Students
- Sign up to receive updates about “Beyond Okay” via e-mail.
- Become certified in Mental Health First Aid or QPR. For more information about Mental Health First Aid and QPR, email RISE@ttu.edu.
- Use the attached resource guide to help you support student mental health and wellbeing.
- Attend “Teaching with Intention: Cultivating Well-Being in Learning Environments,” a RISE workshop designed for faculty and instructors. Request a departmental workshop on the RISE website.
Resources to Support Faculty and Staff Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employees who are experiencing personal problems are encouraged to seek the private and confidential services of the EAP whose staff of trained professionals are committed to providing quality counseling and assistance for individuals, couples, families, and work groups.
- Robert H. Ewalt Recreation and Aquatic Center - The Department of Recreational Sports serves the fitness needs of Texas Tech employees and their families through its Facilities and Aquatics, Fitness/Wellness, Outdoor Pursuits, and Special Events. Membership is available to faculty and staff, as well as their families, for a small monthly fee.
- Faculty and Staff Clinic - The clinic is designed to serve the needs of faculty and staff who are sick at work and need an urgent care appointment on campus.
- Human Resources provides virtual and in-person training and development focused on developing employees.