Individual Faculty or Staff Member Funding
Supported by the university's Institutional Enhancement funds for academic excellence, the Office of Faculty Success announces a one-time funding opportunity for full-time faculty and staff members to submit proposals for programs designed to support their wellbeing and success. Examples of such programs might include conference attendance, professional development, and/or continuing education. Details follow here:
- Proposed programs should be specific to the faculty/staff member's wellbeing and success related to their position at TTU. The programs should advance the individual's ability to be successful in that position.
- Funds may not be requested for self-directed activities including self-guided retreats.
- Individual faculty and staff members may request up to $2,000 of funding Individuals may not submit more than one proposal.
- Funded programs/activities must be completed by August 31, 2023.
- Faculty and staff members receiving funding are expected to participate in follow-up activities in the fall 2023 and spring 2024 terms to assess the efficacy of the funded program in enhancing faculty and staff wellbeing and success.
Proposals must be completed using the Faculty and Staff Wellbeing and Success Programming Proposal Form (link for form can be found at the bottom of this page). Each Proposal Form requires the following attached documents:
A narrative including:
- Description of the proposed program/activity.
- Objectives (purpose) of the program and expected outcomes or deliverables.
- The program's alignment with enhancing the faculty or staff member's wellbeing/success in their position at TTU.
- Expected timeline for the program or activity, including intended completion date.
A proposed budget. Additional information follows:
- Travel expenses that will be covered using this funding source must be paid on either a Travel Advance Card or a State of Texas Travel Card. If a State Travel Card is not already assigned to the traveler(s), the traveler(s) will be expected to apply for a Travel Advance Card. The Travel on State Funds Process and Workflow will be provided to the traveler upon approval of the proposal.
- Funds can support domestic travel, lodging, meals (up to the FY 23 travel location GSA per diem rate), and costs associated with travel (baggage fees, airport parking, taxi/Uber/Lyft, etc.).
- If awarded funding, the faculty or staff member will be asked to identify their home unit's business manager. That individual will liaise with the Provost's office on the application of awarded funds to travel costs. Funding will not be provided directly to any faculty or staff member.
- Indication of support from immediate supervisor, including ranking of proposal on a scale of 1-5 with 5 indicating the proposed program is highly likely to significantly benefit the faculty or staff member.
Submission and Review Procedures
All proposals will be reviewed by the Provost's University Wellbeing Committee beginning January 30. The deadline for submitting proposals is April 28. Additional details follow here:
- Funding is limited and is not guaranteed.
- Proposals will be reviewed as they are submitted, with proposals accepted beginning January 30, 2023, and through April 28, 2023. Proposers will be notified when proposals have been received.
- Selection for this award will be made based on the on the information submitted in the proposal and in accordance with Texas Tech University System Regulation 07.09.
- Awarded funds cannot carry forward into FY '24.
- Awarded funds cannot be renewed.