View our Texas Tech Commitment video series to learn more.
- Texas Tech’s plans to return to campus, as outlined below, are based upon information available as of August 24, 2020. Texas Tech will continue to follow and make decisions based on guidance provided by local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Texas Tech Commitment Announcements: Faculty/Staff | Students/Parents | Facial Covering Policy | Study Abroad Cancellation | Support of International Students
- Governor Abbot’s Executive Orders: Face Coverings | Campus Face Covering Policy & Exemptions
- A face mask or face covering is required while on campus. Face coverings are mandatory in all campus buildings and outdoors when physical distancing cannot be achieved. Policy & Exemptions
- While on campus, visitors should try and maintain a 6-foot physical distance at all times.
- So that we can make our campus more pedestrian friendly for our students, faculty and staff, visitors should avoid driving on campus whenever possible. Entry station attendants will provide guidance for campus visitors.
- “Texas Tech Commitment” signage is displayed across campus and is designed to provide important instructions and guidance for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Alumni & Fans
- Texas Tech, in compliance with orders from Texas Governor Greg Abbott, will be limiting campus event attendance to 10 or fewer individuals. This applies to events both indoors and outdoors.
- Food and drink will not be permitted at campus events/gatherings.
- Facial coverings are required in accordance with university policy. Policy & Exemptions
- All campus gatherings/events must comply with applicable federal and state law, University policies, and health and safety guidelines from the CDC and state and local health agencies.
- Guided campus tours are not being conducted at this time. Alumni and fans are welcome to take an outdoor walking tour of campus but are reminded to wear an appropriate face covering and maintain physical distance.
- At this time, Texas Tech is not offering our traditional guided tours of campus. Prospective students and their families are welcome to tour our campus in person through a self-guided audio tour which can be found by visiting youvisit.com/ttu. The location-based tour offers information regarding various spots on campus using the mobile phone's location. More information can be obtained on a walk-up basis at the Visitors Center in West Hall.
- While on campus, prospective students should follow all university policies regarding face coverings and should try and maintain a 6-foot physical distance at all times. Texas Tech Commitment signage will provide guests with additional information.
- To tour the Texas Tech campus virtually, simply visit youvisit.com/ttu. Visitors to this site may experience the campus on a desktop or download the official app which includes the option to view the campus in virtual reality using a VR headset.
Parents & Family Members
- Parents and or family members that have not taken appropriate precautions to avoid contracting COVID-19, should be tested and receive a negative result within five days of visiting their student(s) on campus or at their off-campus residence.
- For the safety of our students that live on campus, University Housing will be restricting the number of visitors to the residence halls.
- Parents and family members are encouraged to visit the Parent & Family Relations website for the latest on campus activity.
Vendors & Contractors
- Vendors and contractors are required to follow all university guidelines that have been implemented to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, including wearing a face mask or face covering.
- For a complete list of vendor and contractor health and safety procedures, please use this link.
- In the event a vendor or contractor tests positive for COVID-19 and that individual has been on campus or in close contact with a campus employee/student, the university must be notified.