- Texas Tech conferred more than 7,000 degrees for the first time in 2012 and set another standard with 7,398 in 2016.
- In the most recent Center for Measuring University Performance rankings, Texas Tech is listed No. 60 overall and No. 42 among public research institutions with 336 doctoral degrees conferred in 2015. The number increased to 346 in 2017.
- A record number 1,639 master's degrees were awarded in 2016.
- Texas Tech students have won numerous national championships, including more than 100 in the College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources.
- Law students have picked up 33 national championships in the last five years.
- A national-leading ten Texas Tech faculty were named Fulbright Scholars in 2013 and a record four students earned the distinction in 2017. In the last 10 years, 37 faculty members have received Fulbright Scholar recognition.
- Students in Texas Tech's rigorous creative writing program in the Department of English work alongside award-winning faculty, who mentor and guide students through the creative process. Students in the program have had their works featured in The New Yorker, Southern Review, Paris Review, Carolina Quarterly, and Indiana Review, among others.