Texas Tech University System maintains its web sites on an on-going basis, but it does not represent, guarantee, or warrant that all information provided is accurate, complete, current, or suitable for the viewer's purposes. Texas Tech University System specifically disclaims any and all liability for claims or damages that may result from its Web sites or information contained therein, including any Web sites maintained by third parties and linked to Texas Tech University System Web sites, for which responsibility lies with the entity providing the information. A link from Texas Tech University System Web sites in no way implies authorization or endorsement of that site by Texas Tech University System.
Texas Tech University System uses Log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information may be collected for this analysis including, but not limited to:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" - The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
Personally Identifiable Information
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another person who is in a better position to answer your question. Some departments ask that forms be submitted in regard to acceptance into the school or their individual program and are reviewed by admittance committees. In regard to filling out forms, you will be given a chance to "opt out" of completing the form.
For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, including application of the Texas Public Information Act.
Some of the information contained on the Web Servers is private information intended for specific individuals or departments. This may include accounting information, personnel or student information, medical history information, or other items of a sensitive nature. This information is protected by passwords assigned to each individual who has need to access it. Unauthorized persons are not able to access any of this private information. Other sensitive information that contains personal identifiers is protected by 128-bit encryption algorithms provided by RSA Security.
This Web site contains links to other sites and Texas Tech University System is not responsible for privacy policies on those sites.