Application and Nomination Process
The Camp L.E.A.D. application has closed.
To attend Camp L.E.A.D., students must complete an application, a recommendation form, and a high school information form.
To be considered in the review process, students must meet the following requirements:
- Grade level – Applicants must be an incoming senior in the fall of 2018.
- Interest in Texas Tech - Applicants will be asked to discuss their interest in enrolling at Texas Tech University and their desire to become a Red Raider.
- Academic Performance – Student's high school counselor will need to submit an internal form regarding student's academic performance. Student is also asked to self-report ACT/SAT test scores. If you have not tested on the ACT/SAT test yet, you can leave that portion of the application blank.
- Community Involvement – Must be an active member of the community and involved in extracurricular activities
- Leadership – Applicants must have a proven desire to be leaders.
In the application for Camp LEAD, you will be asked to enter an e-mail address for a person that can submit a recommendation form on your behalf. The system will automatically send the recommender a form to fill out and return back to us. Please notify the person you've selected that they will receive an e-mail after you've completed the application. If this form, and the High School Information Form (below), are not submitted by the Friday, March 30th deadline, then your application will not be considered. You can check the status of your form's submission on the applicant dashboard where you applied.
High School Information Form:
In the application for Camp LEAD, you will be asked to enter an e-mail address for your high school information form. This person must be your high school counselor, registrar, or principal. The system will automatically send your counselor a form to fill out and submit back to us. Please notify them that they will be receiving an email from us. If this form, and the Recommendation Form, are not submitted by Friday, March 30th, then your application will not be considered. You can check the status of your form's submission on the applicant dashboard where you applied.
The Camp L.E.A.D. selection committee will review all applications after the submission deadline. All applicants must be students that are entering their senior year in high school in the fall of 2018. As identified earlier, criteria for being selected focuses on a combination of the applicant's leadership potential, comprehensive school performance and personal resolve.
For additional information, contact Camp L.E.A.D. or 806.742.1299.