Support at Every Step
Resources for Self-Care and Mental Wellbeing
When things are going “okay,” you may feel like you don't need any help. However, when you build a lifestyle that prioritizes well-being, you will be more prepared to face life's unavoidable challenges. At Texas Tech, the resources for self-care and wellness will never be more affordable or accessible as they are right now. Take advantage of the free and low-cost services at the university that support a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
The Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Military & Veterans Programs assists veterans and their families in achieving academic, personal, and professional success.
- The Office of LBTQIA Education and Engagement serves the Texas Tech University community through facilitation and leadership of programming and advocacy efforts aimed at strengthening the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) community.
- Mentor Tech, AVID First Year Experience, First Generation Transition and Mentoring Programs, Trio Student Support Services, and the Dream Resource Center are dedicated to helping students from minoritized and underrepresented populations succeed in college and beyond.
- Heritage months, lectures, and other campus-wide celebrations can give you a sense of community and connection to students, faculty, and staff who share your passions and culture. Attending these events can help you learn about cultures other than your own.
TTU Recreational Sports
- Fitness Classes and Intramural Sports can help you meet people with similar interests and keep you active.
- Massage Therapy can be a great way to treat yourself and relieve stress.
- The Aquatics Center and the Leisure Pool offer opportunities to relax and exercise in water.
- The Climbing Wall is a great way to challenge yourself with an activity that requires focus and determination.
- The Outdoor Pursuits Center offers Weekly Activities, a Bike Shop, and Equipment Rentals so you can get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Other Campus Resources
TTU Hospitality Services
Student Health Services
Student Health Services offers regular checkups and continued care for Texas Tech students.
Center for Campus Life
Student Activities Board
Student Activities Board plans and offers over 60 FREE events per year, exclusively for Texas Tech students.
Finances can be a source of stress for many students. Red to Black offers peer-to-peer financial coaching and presentations related to spending plans, saving, and maximizing aid.
Online Education Modules for Texas Tech Students through Get Inclusive
Texas Tech has partnered with Get Inclusive to provide personalized courses for TTU students in a variety of topic areas. For more information or if you are having technical difficulties, email RISE@ttu.edu. Click the links to take the courses: Inclusive Leadership, Mental Well-Being for Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students, and Voices for Change – Comprehensive Wellbeing.