The Time to Reach Out is Now
Resources and Services for Students Who Experiencing a Crisis or Need Professional Support
When the world seems to be closing in around you and you've lost hope, it is great to know that you have someone in your corner, ready to step in and provide much-needed assistance during your worst moments. At Texas Tech, there are several offices that are dedicated to helping you make it through your darkest days, weeks, or years. Seeking help is sometimes a scary process with many unknowns. If you need a friend to talk you through what seeking help is like, call RISE (806.742.2110) during university business hours and someone will be happy to talk to you. After hours and on weekends, the TTU Crisis HelpLine (806.742.5555) is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Off Campus and National Resources
- Students of Concern - Case management, risk assessment, referrals, and early intervention for Students of Concern. If you are concerned about a student, or would like someone from the Office of the Dean of Students to reach out to you, file a Student of Concern Report.
- Raider Red's Food Pantry - Stop by the food pantry, Doak Hall 117, during the published hours of operation and pick up a pre-packaged bag of non-perishable items.
- Raider Relief funds are available for students experiencing financial crisis.
- To Report a Crisis or Incident to the University
Professional Mental Healthcare Resources for Students
- FREE: Texas Tech University Student Counseling Center is open for walk-in hours 12:30 to 3:30 Monday through Friday. On your first visit, you will complete some initial electronic paperwork and meet with a counselor for a same day, 20–30-minute triage session.
- Student Health Services offers treatment for mild to moderate mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, etc.
- Texas Tech University Family Therapy Clinic provides affordable, high-quality therapeutic services. Therapists utilize effective, contemporary therapeutic techniques to address client needs and promote healthy relationships.
- Texas Tech University Psychology Clinic offers a broad range of mental health services, which include individual therapy, family therapy, couples therapy, and group therapy.
Off Campus and National Support Resources
- TTU Crisis HelpLine 806.742.5555
- StarCare Crisis Line 806.740.1414│800.687.7581
- Voice of Hope (Lubbock Rape Crisis Center) 806.763.3232
- Women's Protective Services (Lubbock Domestic Violence Crisis Center) 806.747.6491
- Lubbock Crisis Line 806.765.8393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1.800.273.TALK (8255) | 1.888.628.9454 (en español)
- Crisis Text Line - Text "hello" to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line 1.800.273.8255 (Press 1)
- The Trevor Project 1.866.488.7386 for LGBTQ community and youth
- Trans Lifeline 877.565.8860
- The Jed Foundation Text "START" to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Texas COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 833.986.1919