Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance
As the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Administration & Finance, Noel Sloan partners with university leaders to support growth and strategic initiatives while ensuring accountability for financial operations is maintained and risk is minimized. Sloan is also a member of the President's Cabinet.
In addition to managing the university's $1.17 billion operating budget, Sloan oversees the Financial & Business Services, Auxiliary Services, Operations, and Safety & Security divisions. By valuing collaboration, dedication and service, these four divisions strive to provide services, solutions and support for the safety and success of Texas Tech University's students, faculty, staff and community.
Sloan came to Texas Tech University in 2006. Prior to being selected as the Chief Financial Officer in January 2014, Sloan served in the role of Managing Director for Financial Services & Tax. She has also served as an adjunct faculty member in the Rawls College of Business teaching Income Tax and Managerial Accounting.
Before shifting to higher education, Sloan practiced law at Michael, Best Friedrich and worked in public accounting at Arthur Anderson in Wisconsin.
- Juris Doctorate, Baylor University
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Baylor University
- Member of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- Certified Public Accountant in Wisconsin and Texas
- Serves on the Board of Directors for the National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Serves as 1st Vice President of the Southern Association of College and University Business Officers