1. Get Antivirus protection
- You should buy or download Symantec AntiVirus.
- More information on Symantec AntiVirus
2. Perform Critical Updates: Windows
- Automatically run critical updates
- Go to My Computer
- Click on Properties
- Choose Automatic Updates
- Manually run critical updates
Visit http://www.microsoft.com and run their critical updates as needed.
3. Perform Critical Updates: Other Systems
4. Security Updates for your system
Definition: A security update is a broadly released fix for some kind of security issue that can be used in an exploit of a system – a security issue that has been found to be used in an exploit, has already been made public, or is about to be made public shortly.
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx
- Numerous firms provide security tools for computing - http://www.iss.net/