Removing the Infection:
Cleaning Your System
For assistance with an infected TTU computer system, you may contact IT Help Central at (806) 742-HELP (4357).
If you would like to explore repairing the system yourself, we recommend the following steps:
- Before you do anything, backup all your data.
- Install a clean version of your operating system.
- Disable unnecessary services.
- Install all vendor security patches.
- Be cautious of using data from backups.
- Change passwords.
- Configure firewalls to defend networks.
- Reconnect to the Internet.