Texas Tech Alumni Association
Started in 1927 by the first graduating class, the Texas Tech Alumni Association has grown to a membership of more than 27,000 alumni, current students, and friends of Texas Tech.
Located in the Merket Alumni Center, which is part of the original President’s Home, the Alumni Association provides academic support to the university through scholarships, professorships, and faculty and staff awards, as well as by sponsoring Red Raider Camp for entering freshmen. In addition, the organization sponsors many on-campus activities, including class reunions, homecoming events, and pregame parties at the Frazier Alumni Pavilion.
A national and international alumni chapter network helps members stay in touch with the university. The association also publishes the bimonthly Texas Techsan magazine, hosts ceremonies for The Official Texas Tech Class Ring, and provides lapel pins to all graduates at commencement.