View our Texas Tech Commitment video series to learn more.
- Texas Tech’s plans to return to campus, as outlined below, are based upon information available as of August 24, 2020. Texas Tech will continue to follow and make decisions based on guidance provided by local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Texas Tech Commitment Announcements: Faculty/Staff | Students/Parents | Facial Covering Policy | Study Abroad Cancellation | Support of International Students
- Governor Abbot’s Executive Orders: Face Coverings | Campus Face Covering Policy & Exemptions
The Student Recreation center will resume operations on Monday, June 1.
Monday - Friday:
6:00 am - 10:00 am and 11:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 4:00 pm
- Face masks or appropriate face coverings will be required in campus buildings by all students, faculty, and staff: Campus Face Covering Policy & Exemptions.
- Access to the Student Recreation Center and individual activity areas will be limited to 25 percent of total capacity.
- Members are encouraged to make on-line reservations for access to the Student Recreation Center as well as specialized fitness activities such as group fitness classes and bouldering.
- All financial transactions will be cashless.
- Over 50 hand-sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Student Recreation Center.
- All student and professional staff will go through an industry-leading health screening when they arrive for work.
- Student staff assigned to clean strength and conditioning equipment will wear approved face coverings and gloves: Campus Face Covering Policy & Exemptions.
- The Student Recreation Center will close, Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. so that trained staff can utilize an industry-leading electromagnetic disinfectant sprayer on all strength and conditioning equipment as well as high traffic touch points such as door handles and railings.
- All strength and conditioning equipment will be disinfected by trained staff after use by each participant.
- Digital and print signage will help encourage and enforce physical distancing throughout the Student Recreation Center so that participants can exercise safely and efficiently.