Application and Nomination Process
To attend Camp L.E.A.D., students must complete an application form and submit a letter of recommendation regarding your leadership abilities. To be considered in the review process, students must meet the following requirements:
- Grade level – Applicants must be an incoming senior in the fall of 2013.
- Academic Performance – Applicants must submit a high school transcript.
- Community Involvement – Applicants must be active members of their respective communities.
- Extracurricular Activities – Applicants must be involved in extracurricular activities.
- Leadership – Applicants must have a proven desire to be leaders.
The Camp L.E.A.D. selection committee will review all applications after the submission deadline. All applicants must be students that are entering their senior year in high school in the Fall of 2013. As identified earlier, criteria for being selected focuses on a combination of the applicant’s leadership potential, comprehensive school performance and personal resolve.
To apply, please download the Camp L.E.A.D. application form. All applications will be due by 5:00 p.m. Monday, April 15, 2013. Selected individuals will be notified by Monday, May 6, 2013.
Once completed, applicants must submit a hard copy of the application form, a high school transcript, and a letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation should speak to the applicant’s leadership ability. Application packets can either be mailed to the address below or dropped off to one of our Texas Tech regional locations.
Texas Tech University
ATTN: Rex Oliver
Lubbock, Texas 79409-5005
For additional information, contact Camp L.E.A.D. or Rex Oliver at (806) 834-0759.