Hardware & Software Resources Available at TTU
Campus Accessibility Resources
- Visually Impaired Access Stations: ATLC (Open Access Area, PC 1, and PC 2)
- JAWS Screen Reader
- Zoom Text Magnification Software
- JAWS Site License Software Agreement
Student Disability Services works with AEGIS RapidText Inc. to provide access to
captioning services for students with auditory impairments. The services available
- Video Captioning Services: Videotapes, DVDs, and Digital Video formats at a rate of $3.35 per minute of content.
- Realtime Captioning (CART) Services:
- Live classes at $58 per hour.
- Special events, meetings, webinars, etc., at a rate of $125 to $150 per hour.
- Transcription Services for Lectures, Interviews, Audiotapes, and Podcasts at a rate of $1.80 per minute.
- ATLC: The Disabled Access Priority Area (DAPA) in the ATLC Open Access Area is available
to all current students, faculty, and staff of Texas Tech University.
- Coleman Residence Hall Lab: An adjustable-height work area is available to meet the special needs of students
Multiple (Visual, Cognitive, Auditory):
- Accessibility for the Web shortcourse.